Welcome to DSLC's Housing Access Modifications
If you are disabled, or become disabled, the DSLC Housing Access Modifications Program will install ramps, lifts, grab-bars, and other devices to provide access to your home at no cost to you.
If you qualify, the HAM Program will conduct the necessary assessments and make the needed modifications.
It's great to know you can get out and go - no stairs to climb
Edith Bell, DSLC consumer
The DSLC Housing Access Modifications Program (HAM) is a valuable resource for the disabled and senior members of our community. The rising cost of extended hospitalization and private care make housing access modifications an investment in safety and independence.
Frequently Asked Questions about the HAM Program:
Who is eligibile?
- The HAM Program is available to persons with disabilities who reside in Sonoma County or the City of Napa. At times, there are waiting lists.
What does it cost?
- The HAM Program is FREE to Sonoma County or City of Napa residents with disabilities that meet income and other qualifications. The Program is funded by grants from Sonoma County, the City of Petaluma, the City of Santa Rosa, and the City of Napa.
Who are your contractors?
- All work is done to code and is done by licensed contractors hired by DSLC.
What kind of modifications are available?
- Installing grab bars and other adaptable bathroom equipment such as hand- held showerheads, roll-in showers, raised toilet seats, tub benches, etc.
- Widening doorways.
- Installing appliance control adapters and lever activated handles on faucets and doors.
- Adjusting the height of light switches, outlets, cupboards, counters, etc.
- Building interior and exterior ramps.
- Installing flashing light warning systems for the doorbell, telephone, smoke detector, etc.
- Providing tactile labeling and color coding on appliances and walking surfaces.
Contact Kim Page regarding the HAM Program at:
(707) 528-2745 ext. 234 (voice)
(707) 528-2151 (TTY).
Click here to view our 2000 National Organization on Disability Award.